Avis Overhead Bridge
The main span of the Bridge over the CSX tracks
Photo taken by Loyd Lowry
BH Photo #223380
Paid for by the C&O Railway to replace a grade crossing through their rail yard.
The bridge remains standing is place but is signed as State Property/No Trespassing.
- Through arch bridge over Grace Street and CSX Railroad on Old WV 107
- Hinton, Summers County, West Virginia
- Retired and closed to all traffic
- Built 1928
- - CSX Railroad (CSX)
- Chesapeake & Ohio Railway (C&O; CO)
- Concrete through arch
Length of largest span: 120.1 ft.
Total length: 444.9 ft.
Deck width: 20.0 ft.
Eligible for the National Register of Historic Places
- Also called
- Main Street Bridge
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +37.66827, -80.89208 (decimal degrees)
37°40'06" N, 80°53'31" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 17/509517/4169015 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- 1410 ft. above sea level
- Inventory number
- BH 49625 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- November 22, 2019: New photos from Jack Schmidt
- October 20, 2017: New Street View added by Clark Vance
- October 20, 2017: Updated by Brian Powell: closed to all traffic
- December 16, 2014: Updated by Nathan Holth: Merge newer NBI data.
- October 5, 2013: New Street View added by Michael Miller
- November 14, 2012: Updated by J.P.: Added categories "Curved", "Railroad", "CSX Railroad"
- October 10, 2012: Photo imported by Ben Tate
- January 22, 2012: New photos from Loyd Lowry
- September 15, 2011: Added by J.P.
- J.P. - wildcatjon2000 [at] gmail [dot] com
- Loyd Lowry - loydplowry [at] yahoo [dot] com
- Clark Vance - cvance [at] dogmail [dot] com
- Brian Powell
- Michael Miller - michael_a_miller [at] yahoo [dot] com
- Nathan Holth
- Jack Schmidt - jjturtle [at] earthlink [dot] net