Sleepy Creek Bridge
Abutment undermined by June 2018 flooding; bypass replacement being constructed Sept. 2018
- Concrete arch bridge over Sleepy Creek on CR 1
- Morgan County, West Virginia
- Intact but closed to all traffic
- Future prospects
- Abutment undermined by June 2018 flooding; bypass replacement being constructed Sept. 2018
- Built 1923
- - Luten Bridge Co. of York, Pennsylvania & Knoxville, Tennessee
- Closed spandrel deck arch
Length of largest span: 49.9 ft.
Total length: 103.0 ft.
Deck width: 13.5 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +39.66918, -78.08863 (decimal degrees)
39°40'09" N, 78°05'19" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 17/749729/4395092 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Cherry Run
- Average daily traffic (as of 2014)
- Inventory number
- BH 35423 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection report (as of April 2016)
- Overall condition: Poor
Superstructure condition rating: Fair (5 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Serious (3 out of 9)
Sufficiency rating: 18 (out of 100)
View more at BridgeReports.com
- January 9, 2020: New photo from Geoff Hubbs
- September 19, 2018: Updated by Alexander D. Mitchell IV: Bridge in process of replacement
- April 19, 2010: Updated by Nathan Holth: Updated GPS and info.