Old Plank Road Bridge
Photo taken by Matt Lohry in April 2014
BH Photo #282123
Even though this road has been abandoned for a long time, this bridge appears to be in excellent condition! This is a concrete T-beam/girder hybrid bridge with solid concrete railings and asphalt deck.
- Abandoned concrete T-beam bridge over Oconomowoc River on Old PlanK Road
- Oconomowoc Lake, Waukesha County, Wisconsin
- Hybrid design featuring concrete t-beams in the center of the deck, but with load-bearing through girders on the edges which would likely provide support to the outer section of deck.
Length of largest span: 42.3 ft.
Total length: 44.3 ft.
Deck width: 23.0 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +43.10551, -88.46939 (decimal degrees)
43°06'20" N, 88°28'10" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 16/380436/4773579 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Oconomowoc East
- Average daily traffic (as of 2007)
- Inventory number
- BH 59030 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection report (as of August 2006)
- Overall condition: Fair
Superstructure condition rating: Satisfactory (6 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Fair (5 out of 9)
Deck condition rating: Satisfactory (6 out of 9)
Sufficiency rating: 26.3 (out of 100)
View more at BridgeReports.com
- February 10, 2022: Updated by Nathan Holth: Clarified design type.
- November 5, 2021: New photo from Mark Boettcher
- April 19, 2014: Updated by Matt Lohry: Updated bridge type--this is a concrete T-beam bridge.
- December 17, 2013: Added by Luke Harden