WSOR - WI136 Overpass
This bridge was built by the Chicago & Northwestern Railway in 1899. It shares many features with other bridges along this right-of-way that once ran from Madison to Elroy. Many of the stone arch bridges (Goette Road, Viaduct Road) and other plate girder deck bridges (Baraboo Street Bridge) appear to use limestone that was quarried from the same place.
Photo taken by J.R. Manning in June 2009
BH Photo #140936
Build date provided by C&NW bridge records at the Chicago & North Western Railway Historical Society archives
- Deck plate girder bridge over WI 136 on Wisconsin & Southern Railroad
- Sauk County, Wisconsin
- Open to traffic
- Built 1899
- - Chicago & North Western Railway (CNW)
- Wisconsin & Southern Railroad (WSOR)
- Deck plate girder
Span length: 71.9 ft.
Total length: 71.9 ft.
- Also called
- CNW WI136 Overpass
C&NW Bridge #404
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +43.50041, -89.94766 (decimal degrees)
43°30'01" N, 89°56'52" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 16/261694/4820608 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Reedsburg East
- Inventory number
- BH 42663 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- February 24, 2017: New photos from John Marvig
- April 4, 2015: Updated by John Marvig: Bridge is now state owned
- August 3, 2013: Updated by Luke Harden: Added category "Chicago & North Western Railway"
- June 4, 2009: Added by J.R. Manning
- J.R. Manning - thekitchenguy [at] sbcglobal [dot] net
- John Marvig - marvigj27 [at] gmail [dot] com