CN - Park Falls Bridge (1927)
This girder bridge is still in use, since 1927
Photo taken by Bruce Oldenberg in December 2014
BH Photo #465909
The Flambeau Paper Co. RR had abandonned their underpass of the previous truss bridge on the river bank in about 1923. Now the girders occupies that space.
The bridge history record came from the Roadway Completion Report of the Wisconsin Central / M.St.P.and S.S.M Ry. Co.
as show on AFE (Authorization for Expenditure) W-244-27 dagted April 5, 1929.
The AFE paper record is in the library of the Soo Line Historical and Technical Society. (with a thank you to Emory L.)
- Deck plate girder bridge over Flambeau River on Canadian National RR
- Park Falls, Price County, Wisconsin
- Open to traffic
- Built 1927 by American Bridge Co.
- - American Bridge Co. of New York
- - Canadian National Railway (CN)
- Minneapolis, St. Paul, & Sault Ste. Marie Railroad (SOO)
- Soo Line Railroad (SOO)
- Wisconsin Central Ltd. (WC)
- It consists of two 66 ft deck plate girder spans with a skew, for 132 feet total length.
The previous bridge's stone block abutments were remodeled to hold the girders.
There was a new concrete center pier in the river; log drives no longer came down the river, so a clear span was not necessary.
Length of largest span: 66.0 ft.
Total length: 132.0 ft.
- Also called
- Railroad bridge A-375-A
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +45.93210, -90.44696 (decimal degrees)
45°55'56" N, 90°26'49" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 15/697927/5089672 (zone/easting/northing)
- Inventory number
- BH 88176 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- February 11, 2020: Updated by Luke: Corrected builder to prexisting category; Added railroads
- February 11, 2020: New photo from Bruce Oldenberg