Grosse Road Bridge
What a hidden jewel! The main county highway bypasses the bridge about a quarter mile to the west.
Photo taken by Robert Thompson in March 2011
BH Photo #194932
There are several damaged spots on the bridge structure. Apparently, narrow truss bridges lead a tough life. This bridge is on what is either newer concrete footings, or crumbling stone footings encased in concrete. Was this done when the bridge deck was replaced with concrete?
- Lost Pratt through truss bridge over Little Suamico River on Grosse Road
- Oconto County, Wisconsin
- Replaced by a new bridge
- Built 1909; Replaced 2019
- 6-panel, pinned Pratt through truss
Length of largest span: 89.9 ft.
Total length: 92.9 ft.
Deck width: 13.8 ft.
Vertical clearance above deck: 11.2 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +44.70899, -88.00903 (decimal degrees)
44°42'32" N, 88°00'33" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 16/420071/4951119 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Average daily traffic (as of 2016)
- Inventory number
- BH 34888 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection report (as of November 2018)
- Overall condition: Poor
Superstructure condition rating: Critical (2 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Satisfactory (6 out of 9)
Deck condition rating: Serious (3 out of 9)
View more at BridgeReports.com
- February 4, 2022: Updated by Tony Dillon: Added truss type
- March 5, 2011: New photos from Robert Thompson
- September 20, 2010: Updated by Nathan Holth: Added GPS.