The Love Lock Bridge
The Love Lock Bridge Looking Southeast
Photo taken by Reinhard Mueller in October 2020
BH Photo #499145
The Love Lock Bridge is a focal point in downtown Sparta gracing the very picturesque Beaver Creek parkway. It also features a hybrid cable rail system to enable the installation of "love locks" locked to the previous bridge. To these transplanted 95 locks, the railing syste has seen the addition of hundreds of new locks attesting to the relationships of many who have visited.
- Timber arch bridge over Beaver Creek on Pedestrians in Beaver Creek Park
- Sparta, Monroe County, Wisconsin
- Open to traffic
- The most recent preceeding bridge was built in 2006 from a kit by City of Sparta Department of Public Works. New abutments with pilings were placed after its demolition in early 2020, and a new structure was completed in July of 2020.
- - The Five Shovelmen of Sparta, Wisconsin
- Timber arch, primary and secondary
Length of largest span: 48.0 ft.
Total length: 72.0 ft.
Deck width: 6.0 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +43.94481, -90.81032 (decimal degrees)
43°56'41" N, 90°48'37" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 15/675720/4868074 (zone/easting/northing)
- 830 ft. above sea level
- Inventory number
- BH 93258 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- May 20, 2021: Updated by Luke: Added category "The Five Shovelmen"
- May 20, 2021: New photos from Reinhard Mueller