South Rapids Road Bridge
Looking downstream from historic truss bridge
This highway bridge bypasses an historic 1887 truss bridge, preserved in place
Photo taken by Robert Thompson in February 2011
BH Photo #193352
Because of the use of both riveted (for main structural members) and welded (for secondary structure) construction, it appears to have been built in the 1950's or 1960's; it has been recently re-decked with poured reinforced concrete.
- Deck plate girder bridge over Manitowoc River on County Highway R
- Manitowoc, Manitowoc County, Wisconsin
- Open to traffic
- Built 1956;
- Deck plate girder
Length of largest span: 96.8 ft.
Total length: 390.8 ft.
Deck width: 29.9 ft.
- Also called
- CH-R Manitowoc River Bridge
US141 Manitowoc River Bridge
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +44.09520, -87.70112 (decimal degrees)
44°05'43" N, 87°42'04" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 16/443878/4882685 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- 580 ft. above sea level
- Inventory number
- BH 48042 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- February 6, 2011: Added by Robert Thompson