McGilvray Road Bridge No. 5 Kingpost Bridge
McGilvray Road Kingpost Truss Bridge
The La Crosse Tribune: March 2 1980
BH Photo #455186
Replaced another one of the Horton design Bowstring pony truss bridges that was washed out in 1911. This bridge was in turn replaced with a pony truss that was moved in from another county.
- Lost Kingpost pony truss bridge on McGilvray Road at the site of modern-day Bridge No. 5
- La Crosse County, Wisconsin
- Removed March 1986
- Kingpost pony truss
Span length: 65.0 ft.
Total length: 65.0 ft.
Deck width: 17.0 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +44.02337, -91.32907 (decimal degrees)
44°01'24" N, 91°19'45" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 15/633913/4875825 (zone/easting/northing)
- Inventory number
- BH 34799 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- June 27, 2020: Updated by Luke: Added GPS coords and linked bridge to its relocated replacement
- August 26, 2019: New photo from Melissa Brand-Welch