Mill Street (Rat River) Bridge
Unknown name truss bridge
Photo taken OUTSIDE sawmill gate. Perfectly legal.
Photo taken by Robert Thompson in October 2012
BH Photo #242084
This bridge is on private land at a sawmill in Laona WI.
Seeing as there were NO TRESPASSING signs, a fence and a gate, I was unable to get closer to find out details of this bridge. The road shown on the map is on company property and is no longer a through street.
- Pinned Pratt pony truss bridge over Rat River on Private industrial road
- Laona, Forest County, Wisconsin
- Open to private traffic
- 3-panel pin-connected half-hip Pratt pony truss
- Also called
- Unknown Name Truss Bridge
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +45.56449, -88.67524 (decimal degrees)
45°33'52" N, 88°40'31" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 16/369268/5047026 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Inventory number
- BH 54180 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- October 27, 2012: Updated by Luke Harden: Made clarification that bridge is open to private traffic
- October 27, 2012: Updated by Matt Lohry: Added specific bridge type
- October 27, 2012: Added by Robert Thompson