Red Cedar State Trail - Downsville Bridge
Downsville Railroad Bridge
Looking North into truss
Photo taken by John Marvig in May 2012
BH Photo #232079
Built Ca. 1881 , likely at Byron, Illinois (based on identical bridges along the route and matching dimensions).
- Pratt through truss bridge over Red Cedar River on Red Cedar State Trail
- Downsville, Dunn County, Wisconsin
- Open to pedestrians
- Built Ca. 1881, Relocated here 1910
- - Edge Moor Bridge Works of Wilmington, Delaware
- - Chicago, Milwaukee, St. Paul & Pacific Railroad (MILW)
- 6 Spans Trestle
1-150' Skewed Pratt Truss
12 Spans Trestle
Length of largest span: 150.0 ft.
Total length: 370.0 ft.
- Also called
- Downsville Railroad Bridge
MILW Bridge #M-522
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +44.77673, -91.94002 (decimal degrees)
44°46'36" N, 91°56'24" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 15/583866/4958694 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Menomonie South
- Inventory number
- BH 52457 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- October 1, 2016: Updated by John Marvig: Added information
- May 31, 2015: New photos from John Marvig
- May 5, 2014: Updated by Luke Harden: Added build date
- June 17, 2013: New photos from John Marvig
- August 10, 2012: Updated by John Marvig: Added category "Railroad"
- May 14, 2012: Updated by Daniel Hopkins: Added category "Rail-to-trail"
- May 13, 2012: Updated by Luke Harden: Added category "Chicago, Milwaukee, St. Paul & Pacific Railroad"
- May 13, 2012: Added by John Marvig