GN/BN Allouez Ore Dock Approach
GN ore dock approach, and dock junction tower
A 1977 BN train moves east under the girder brigde and under the conveyor house shed. In the far distance is the NP ore dock approach bridge.
After the 1980's, the GN approach is gone, the BN under the bridge became the Osaugie Trail
There is a 1970 picture to compare with:
Burlington Northern SD7s on the Allouez Ore Docks 1970
before the conveyor house, with BN locomtives on the bridge,
a great picture by Russ Porter
Photo taken by Bruce Oldenberg
BH Photo #517387
GN ore dock approach trestle.
The modern 1970's conveyor house parallels the rails and moves ore to BN dock 5
The girder bridge was removed in the 1980's.
And the white tower is gone, that was at the junction of the tracks to the 4 ore docks.
The BN / NP tracks under the bridge were removed and is now the
Osaugie Trail which connects with the Tri County Corridor that goes east to Ashland
- Lost Deck plate girder bridge over BN Ashland Subdivision, E. Itasca St on rail
- Superior, Douglas County, Wisconsin
- Removed but not replaced
- GN bridge to climb to ore docks No. 1-4
- Deck plate girder
Total length: 1,000.0 ft.
Deck width: 10.0 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +46.69105, -92.02442 (decimal degrees)
46°41'28" N, 92°01'28" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 15/574594/5171295 (zone/easting/northing)
- Inventory number
- BH 96429 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- February 17, 2022: New Street View added by Roger Deschner
- February 6, 2022: New photo from Bruce Oldenberg