Nemadji River bridge
This abandoned bridge is hiding in the woods on the Nemadji River, difficult to get to but easily viewed on Bing with the Bird's eye feature. The bridge apparently once carried Hammond Avenue from the south, which becomes E. Limits Rd north of the bridge. The main span is intact, but the northern approach is missing. It appears the bridge is still accessible from the south, but the road leading to it may be privately owned. Pieces of the deck are missing, so take caution if you venture out onto the bridge.
- Pratt through truss bridge over Nemadji River on E Hammond Ave/E Limits Rd
- Superior, Douglas County, Wisconsin
- Damaged by fire and abandoned in 1976
- - Wisconsin Bridge & Iron Co. of Milwaukee, Wisconsin
- Pin-connected 6-panel Pratt through truss
Span length: 100.0 ft.
Total length: 100.0 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +46.65286, -92.09783 (decimal degrees)
46°39'10" N, 92°05'52" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 15/569031/5166984 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Inventory number
- BH 50279 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- December 8, 2012: Photo imported by Luke Harden
- November 20, 2011: Added by Matt Lohry