Duck Creek Bridge
Duck Creek Bridge, looking west
This bridge carries Wisconsin Highway 54 over Duck Creek
Photo taken by Robert Thompson in November 2009
BH Photo #149900
Now this is the way every historic truss bridge should be treated. This bridge was left in place and was incorporated into a trail system that also integrates the underside of the replacement bridge. The lower half of this bridge was sandblasted and painted a gunmetal gray, and pedestrian fencing was put up on either side of the trail. The fencing is not the best looking thing, but it also does not overpower the truss and easily allows viewing of the truss components right through it. The new bridge has artistic renderings relating to the Oneida People and is easily accessible via the old truss bridge. The ugly pedestrian bridge that was installed alongside the truss bridge has also been removed.
- Riveted 6-panel Pratt through truss bridge over Duck Creek on pedestrian trail in Oneida
- Brown County, Wisconsin
- Open to pedestrians and bicycles only
- Built 1932; rehabilitated 1978, rehabilitated again and converted for pedestrian use 2013
- Riveted 6-panel Pratt through truss
Length of largest span: 100.1 ft.
Total length: 102.7 ft.
Deck width: 28.9 ft.
Vertical clearance above deck: 15.6 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +44.49833, -88.18333 (decimal degrees)
44°29'54" N, 88°10'60" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 16/405924/4927904 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Oneida South
- Average daily traffic (as of 2006)
- Inventory number
- BH 34665 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection report (as of February 2010)
- Overall condition: Poor
Superstructure condition rating: Poor (4 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Poor (4 out of 9)
Deck condition rating: Fair (5 out of 9)
Sufficiency rating: 6 (out of 100)
View more at BridgeReports.com
- April 20, 2014: Updated by Matt Lohry: Added description
- March 27, 2014: Updated by Matt Lohry: Updated status--this bridge has been rehabilitated for pedestrian use!!
- August 12, 2012: Updated by Luke Harden: Doomed
- October 19, 2010: Updated by Matthew Lohry: Updated bridge type
- August 4, 2010: New Street View added by Jason Smith
- November 27, 2009: New photos from Robert Thompson
- Robert Thompson
- Jason Smith - flensburg [dot] bridgehunter [dot] av [at] googlemail [dot] com
- Matt Lohry