Yakima Greenway Trail - Naches River Bridge
Naches River Railroad Bridge
Photo taken by Michael Goff on June 20, 2009
BH Photo #143158
Moved here from an unknown location in 1906. Piers and beam span rebuilt 1954. Information from NPRHA.org Online Collection
- Pratt through truss bridge over Naches River on Yakima Greenway Trail in Yakima
- Gleed, Yakima County, Washington
- Open to pedestrians only
- Built 1884, Moved to this location 1906
- - Raymond & Campbell of Council Bluffs, Iowa (Designer/Erector)
- - Northern Pacific Railway (NP)
- The Naches River Bridge is a two span pin-connected Pratt through truss with riveted lattice lateral support members.
Length of largest span: 160.0 ft.
Total length: 372.0 ft.
Deck width: 12.0 ft.
- Also called
- - Naches River Bridge
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +46.63209, -120.58598 (decimal degrees)
46°37'56" N, 120°35'10" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 10/684780/5167111 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- 1161.0 ft. above sea level
- Inventory number
- BH 43055 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- September 6, 2021: New photos from Patrick Gurwell
- January 29, 2020: Updated by John Marvig: Added information from NP bridge records
- April 18, 2017: Updated by Christopher Finigan: Added category "Pin-connected"
- April 16, 2010: New Street View added by James Baughn
- July 22, 2009: Added by Michael Goff
- Mike Goff - michael [dot] goff [at] hotmail [dot] com
- John Marvig - marvigj27 [at] gmail [dot] com
- Patrick Gurwell - pgurwell [at] gmail [dot] com