Vance Creek Viaduct
Vance Creek Bridge - Phantom 2 Drone
At over 800ft long and standing 347ft tall, this massive steel trestle is the second tallest railway arch ever built in the United States, and is one of the tallest railroad bridges in North America.
- Massive steel arch bridge over Vance Creek on Simpson Railroad
- Mason County, Washington
- Built 1929 by American Bridge Co. for Simpson Timber rail logging operations, abandoned 1985
- - American Bridge Co. of New York
- - Simpson Railroad (STC)
- Steel arch
Length of largest span: 422.0 ft.
Total length: 827.0 ft.
Posted to the National Register of Historic Places on July 16, 1982
- Also called
- STC - Vance Creek Viaduct
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +47.33459, -123.32121 (decimal degrees)
47°20'05" N, 123°19'16" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 10/475733/5242396 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Vance Creek
- Inventory numbers
- NRHP 82004266 (National Register of Historic Places reference number)
BH 57379 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- April 7, 2021: New photos from Mike Goff
- December 3, 2019: New photos from Geoff Hubbs
- February 12, 2019: New photo from Luke
- August 29, 2018: New Street View added by J.P.
- November 13, 2017: New Street View added by Clark Vance
- November 12, 2017: Updated by Luke: Noted that decking has been removed.
- March 29, 2017: New Street View added by Luke
- April 26, 2015: New video from Will Truax
- March 3, 2014: Photo imported by Luke Harden
- March 2, 2014: New photos from Nathan Morton
- February 26, 2014: Photo imported by Dave King
- January 17, 2014: Updated by Luke Harden: Updated status: Bridge is part of a trail.
- July 27, 2013: Updated by Dylan VanAntwerp: Added categories "Simpson Logging Co.", "Simpson Timber Co.", "railroad"
- Dylan VanAntwerp - dylan_vanantwerp [at] live [dot] com
- HighestBridges.com - by Eric Sakowski
- Vance Creek Bridge at Sunset - Photographers Panorama
- Nathan Morton - morton890 [at] yahoo [dot] com
- Clark Vance - cvance [at] dogmail [dot] com
- Will Truax - Bridgewright [at] gmail [dot] com
- J.P. - wildcatjon2000 [at] gmail [dot] com
- Geoff Hubbs
- Mike Goff - michael [dot] goff [at] hotmail [dot] com