George Sellar Bridge
George Sellar Bridge
March 23, 2008
Photo taken by Michael Goff in March 2008
BH Photo #116675
The bridge received the Award of Merit from the American Institute of Steel Construction (AISC) as the “Most Beautiful Steel Bridge” in Class I in 1950.
- Steel arch and truss bridge over Columbia River on WA 285 in Wenatchee
- Wenatchee, Chelan County, Washington, and Douglas County, Washington
- Open to traffic
- Built 1950
- - General Construction Co. of Federal Way, Washington (Contractor)
- Ralph W. Finke of Olympia, Washington (Bridge Engineer - Design Phase)
- Steel through arch suspended span supported by cantilevered trusses.
Length of largest span: 480.0 ft.
Total length: 1,208.0 ft.
Deck width: 54.1 ft.
Vertical clearance above deck: 17.3 ft.
Posted to the National Register of Historic Places on May 24, 1995
- Also called
- Columbia River Bridge
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +47.40975, -120.29581 (decimal degrees)
47°24'35" N, 120°17'45" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 10/704004/5254245 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Average daily traffic (as of 2016)
- Inventory numbers
- NRHP 95000623 (National Register of Historic Places reference number)
BH 36815 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection report (as of July 2018)
- Overall condition: Fair
Superstructure condition rating: Good (7 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Good (7 out of 9)
Deck condition rating: Satisfactory (6 out of 9)
Sufficiency rating: 60.3 (out of 100)
View more at BridgeReports.com
- May 2, 2021: New photo from Geoff Hubbs
- June 15, 2018: New photo from Leslie R trick
- September 22, 2014: Updated by Nathan Holth: Revision of design details based on site visit and Historic Property Inventory Report.
- December 14, 2010: New photos from Nathan Holth
- September 30, 2010: Updated by Nathan Holth: Adjusted Design Category.
- March 16, 2010: New photo from Nathan Holth
- July 7, 2008: Added by Michael Goff
- Mike Goff - michael [dot] goff [at] hotmail [dot] com
- Nathan Holth
- Leslie R Trick - Leslie [dot] Trick [at] gmail [dot] com
- Geoff Hubbs