East Richford-Sutton International Bridge
Photo taken by Mfwills
License: Creative Commons Attribution-Share-Alike (CC BY-SA)
View this photo on Wikipedia
BH Photo #276188
Note: This is an international bridge. It is 80% owned by Vermont, 20% owned by Quebec. The original bridge was destroyed in the Great Flood of 1927 and this bridge was its replacement, completed in 1929.
- Parker through truss bridge over Missisquoi River on VT 105A ALT in Richford
- Franklin County, Vermont
- Open to traffic
- Built 1929 by Pittsburgh-Des Moines Steel Co.; rehabilitated 1979; rehabilitated 2019
- - Pittsburgh-Des Moines Steel Co. of Des Moines, Iowa & Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- Parker through truss with stringer approach
Length of largest span: 149.9 ft.
Total length: 205.1 ft.
Deck width: 21.3 ft.
Vertical clearance above deck: 15.0 ft.
Posted to the National Register of Historic Places on October 11, 1990
- Also called
- Le pont international de Glen Sutton
Missisquoi River Bridge
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +45.01174, -72.58810 (decimal degrees)
45°00'42" N, 72°35'17" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 18/690056/4987084 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Jay Peak OE N
- Average daily traffic (as of 1998)
- Inventory numbers
- NRHP 90001494 (National Register of Historic Places reference number)
BH 33964 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection report (as of April 2018)
- Overall condition: Poor
Superstructure condition rating: Fair (5 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Fair (5 out of 9)
Deck condition rating: Poor (4 out of 9)
Sufficiency rating: 55.2 (out of 100)
View more at BridgeReports.com
- October 28, 2019: Updated by Nathan Holth: Added official name, international details, 2019 rehab.
- February 27, 2014: Updated by Dave King: Added NRHP info & imported photo