RUT - Malletts Bay Swing Bridge
Bridge reported to be hand-cranked swing span with central pivot gear. Removed after acquisition of Rutland RR by State of Vermont in 1963. Causeway is part of a popular bicycle trail, but span is replaced today by a seasonal ferry service.
Photos and info:
- Lost Through truss bridge over Lake Champlain on Rutland Railroad
- Chittenden, Chittenden County, Vermont
- Removed but not replaced
- Built 1901
- Movable swing through truss
Length of largest span: 100.0 ft.
Total length: 200.0 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +44.59145, -73.31234 (decimal degrees)
44°35'29" N, 73°18'44" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 18/633955/4938952 (zone/easting/northing)
- Inventory number
- BH 85659 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- June 23, 2019: Added by Alexander D. Mitchell IV