Reed Creek Bridge, Glade Road
Downstream side, from the north
Photo taken by Timothy and Joann Phillips in August 2018
License: Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike (CC BY-NC-SA)
BH Photo #432894
This bridge looks older than her years, much like a similar bridge we've found in the area dated 1949. It has a pronounced skew since it crosses Reed Creek at quite an angle.
- Steel stringer bridge over Reed Creek on Glade Road
- Wythe County, Virginia
- Open to traffic
- Built 1973
- Steel stringer
Length of largest span: 42.0 ft.
Total length: 82.0 ft.
Deck width: 23.3 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +36.94755, -81.18686 (decimal degrees)
36°56'51" N, 81°11'13" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 17/483362/4089069 (zone/easting/northing)
- Average daily traffic (as of 2014)
- Inventory numbers
- VA 19734 (Virginia bridge number)
BH 82496 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection report (as of July 2017)
- Overall condition: Poor
Superstructure condition rating: Poor (4 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Poor (4 out of 9)
Deck condition rating: Poor (4 out of 9)
Sufficiency rating: 25.2 (out of 100)
View more at BridgeReports.com
- August 11, 2018: Added by Timothy and Joann Phillips
- Timothy and Joann Phillips