Depot Street Concrete Arch Bridge
Photo taken by Calvin Sneed
BH Photo #177048
One of two Luten Arch open spandrel bridges, standing perpenicular to each other, both spanning Callahan Creek east of downtown Appalachia.
- Concrete arch bridge over Callahan Branch on Depot Street in Appalachia
- Appalachia, Wise County, Virginia
- Open to traffic
- Built 1926
- - Luten Bridge Co. of York, Pennsylvania & Knoxville, Tennessee
- Although Luten arches are intact, historic northside railing on bridge was replaced.
Span length: 125.0 ft.
Total length: 125.0 ft.
Deck width: 24.3 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +36.90631, -82.78117 (decimal degrees)
36°54'23" N, 82°46'52" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 17/341316/4085960 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Average daily traffic (as of 2014)
- Inventory numbers
- VA 19338 (Virginia bridge number)
BH 33909 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection report (as of October 2017)
- Overall condition: Fair
Superstructure condition rating: Satisfactory (6 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Good (7 out of 9)
Deck condition rating: Satisfactory (6 out of 9)
Sufficiency rating: 77.8 (out of 100)
View more at BridgeReports.com
- Calvin Sneed - us43137415 [at] yahoo [dot] com