CSX - James River Arch Bridge
Designed by John E. Greiner. Also known as the "Million Dollar Bridge" when constructed.
- Concrete arch bridge over Riverside Drive on railroad tracks in Richmond
- Richmond, Virginia
- Open to traffic
- Built in 1919 by the Atlantic Coast Line RR, and the RF&P Railroad
- - J. E. Greiner Co. of Baltimore, Maryland & Chicago, Illinois (Designer)
- W.W. Boxley & Co. of Roanoke, Virginia
- - Atlantic Coast Line Railroad (ACL)
- CSX Railroad (CSX)
- Seaboard Coast Line Railroad (SCL)
- Open-spandrel arch
Length of largest span: 100.1 ft.
Total length: 2,200.2 ft. (0.4 mi.)
Deck width: 18.0 ft.
- Also called
- A-Line Bridge
ACL - James River Arch Bridge
CSX A-Line Bridge
RFP - James River Arch Bridge
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +37.53387, -77.49553 (decimal degrees)
37°32'02" N, 77°29'44" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 18/279501/4157025 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Inventory numbers
- VA 21278 (Virginia bridge number)
BH 33819 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- November 28, 2021: Updated by Dylan Clarke: Added category "James River (Virginia)"
- June 16, 2020: New photo from Geoff Hubbs
- November 19, 2017: New photos from Royce and Bobette Haley
- December 14, 2016: Updated by Luke: Added builder
- September 22, 2013: Updated by Luke Harden: Added categories "Atlantic Coast Line Railroad", "Richmond, Fredericksburg & Potomac Railroad"
- September 22, 2013: New Street View added by Michael Miller
- January 18, 2012: Updated by Tony Dillon: Modified type as this is an open spandrel arch bridge.
- January 18, 2012: Updated by Loyd Lowry: Added / edited information
- July 18, 2011: Updated by Daniel Hopkins: Updated GPS
- Daniel Hopkins - chimera [at] clovermail [dot] net
- Loyd Lowry - loydplowry [at] yahoo [dot] com
- Tony Dillon - spansaver [at] hotmail [dot] com
- Michael Miller - michael_a_miller [at] yahoo [dot] com
- Royce and Bobette Haley - roycehaley111 [at] yahoo [dot] com
- Geoff Hubbs