Lowmans Ferry Bridge
Trusses were replaced in 1972 utilizing the same substructure.
- Lost through truss bridge over Claytor Lake on Lowmans Ferry Road
- Pulaski County, Virginia
- Superstructure replaced on the existing substructure.
- Built 1935; structural steel, deck and railings replaced in 1972
- Camelback through truss
Length of largest span: 149.9 ft.
Total length: 1,416.1 ft.
Deck width: 27.9 ft.
- Also called
- Lighthouse Bridge
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +37.00237, -80.68231 (decimal degrees)
37°00'09" N, 80°40'56" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 17/528265/4095182 (zone/easting/northing)
- Average daily traffic (as of 2014)
- Inventory numbers
- VA 14600 (Virginia bridge number)
BH 88902 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection report (as of December 2018)
- Overall condition: Fair
Superstructure condition rating: Fair (5 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Satisfactory (6 out of 9)
Deck condition rating: Good (7 out of 9)
Sufficiency rating: 71.9 (out of 100)
View more at BridgeReports.com
- April 9, 2020: Updated by Tony Dillon: Updated to reflect that the trusses are long gone and only the original substructure remains.
- April 9, 2020: New photo from Geoff Hubbs
- Geoff Hubbs
- Tony Dillon - spansaver [at] hotmail [dot] com