CSX - Cranes Nest River Bridge
Deck girder over Cranesnest River
Photo taken by Bob Lawrence in December 2011
BH Photo #221627
Picture is looking east. Rail is Beth Lackawana 1972. Bridge is sturdy, but concrete pier is showing its age.
- Deck plate girder bridge over Cranes Nest River on CSX RR
- Dickenson County, Virginia
- Open to traffic
- Probably replaced an earlier bridge.
- - Virginia Bridge & Iron Co. of Roanoke, Virginia [also known as Virginia Bridge Co.]
- - CSX Railroad (CSX)
- Carolina, Clinchfield & Ohio Railroad (CCO; Clinchfield)
- Deck plate girder
Span length: 120.0 ft.
Total length: 120.0 ft.
Deck width: 14.2 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +37.12285, -82.43914 (decimal degrees)
37°07'22" N, 82°26'21" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 17/372153/4109470 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- 1419 ft. above sea level
- Inventory number
- BH 50496 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- December 11, 2011: Added by Bob Lawrence