NRT - Chestnut Creek Bridge #3
Open to pedestrians, bicycles, horses etc.
- Deck plate girder bridge over Chestnut Creek on New River Trail
- Carroll County, Virginia
- Open to pedestrians only
- Built circa 1900, rehab 1931
- - Virginia Bridge & Iron Co. of Roanoke, Virginia [also known as Virginia Bridge Co.]
- - Norfolk & Western Railway (NW)
- Norfolk Southern Railway (NS)
- Deck plate girder
Length of largest span: 66.0 ft.
Total length: 135.0 ft.
Deck width: 8.0 ft.
- Also called
- NS-Chestnut Creek Bridge 003
New River Trail Bridge 003
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +36.71617, -80.90936 (decimal degrees)
36°42'58" N, 80°54'34" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 17/508094/4063391 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Inventory number
- BH 60133 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- April 18, 2021: Updated by Royce and Bobette Haley: Added categories "Stone Abutments", "Skewed"
- March 5, 2014: Added by Luke Harden
- Royce and Bobette Haley - roycehaley111 [at] yahoo [dot] com