NS-Horseshoe Bend Road Tunnel
Photo taken by Royce and Bobette Haley in August 2017
BH Photo #402155
Dimensions are estimates. SE portal (Concrete sleeve) is approximately 75'. Appears the SE portal was sprayed with a mixture that has covered most of the date.
- Tunnel under NSRR on Horseshoe Bend Rd
- Bedford County, Virginia
- Open to traffic
- Built 1913
- - Norfolk Southern Railway (NS)
Span length: 986.0 ft.
Total length: 986.0 ft.
Deck width: 10.0 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +37.20904, -79.68271 (decimal degrees)
37°12'33" N, 79°40'58" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 17/616888/4118875 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Inventory number
- BH 78309 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- September 14, 2017: Added by Royce and Bobette Haley
- September 12, 2017: New photos from Royce and Bobette Haley
- Royce and Bobette Haley - roycehaley111 [at] yahoo [dot] com