Donaldson Run Bridge
Southwest Side Of Bridge From Private Residence Looking East Through Trees
Photo taken for the Historic American Engineering Record
View photos at Library of Congress
BH Photo #312599
Built as part of a project to extend the GWMP closer to the proposed terminus at Great Falls, Virginia.
-- Historic American Engineering Record
- Deck plate girder bridge over Donaldson Run on Gwmp
- Arlington County, Virginia
- Open to traffic
- Built 1959; rehabilitated 1982
- - Atlas Machine & Iron Works of Arlington, Virginia
- Blackwell Engineering Co. of Merrifield, Virginia
- U.S. Bureau of Public Roads of Washington, D.C.
- Continuous Deck plate girder
Length of largest span: 161.4 ft.
Total length: 428.5 ft.
Deck width: 62.7 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +38.91964, -77.10806 (decimal degrees)
38°55'11" N, 77°06'29" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 18/317244/4309971 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Washington West
- Average daily traffic (as of 2007)
- Inventory number
- BH 65340 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection report (as of April 2017)
- Overall condition: Fair
Superstructure condition rating: Satisfactory (6 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Satisfactory (6 out of 9)
Deck condition rating: Satisfactory (6 out of 9)
Sufficiency rating: 77 (out of 100)
View more at BridgeReports.com
- January 6, 2015: Added by Dave King
- Dave King - DKinghawkfan [at] hotmail [dot] com
- HAER VA-77 - Donaldson Run Bridge, Spanning Donaldson Run, Arlington, Arlington County, VA