White Canyon Bridge
Photo From Utah Historic Bridge Inventory
BH Photo #211093
From Historic Bridge Inventory:
This bridge received an award in the short span category from the American Institute of Steel Construction. This bridge was recognized through an award for qualities related to design and aesthetics. The monumental size and overall form of this bridge distinguishes it within the post World War II period as significant for possessing high artistic value.
This bridge is eligible under Criterion C because it possesses high artistic value as illustrated through its overall design, outstanding architectural treatment, or notable use of
ornamentation, and it retains historic integrity necessary to convey its design significance.
This bridge demonstrates important bridge building practices of an uncommon bridge type in Utah after 1945. As such, it illustrates the pattern of features typical of this rare bridge type
and is recommended eligible under Criterion C.
- Steel rigid frame bridge over White Canyon on Sr-95
- San Juan County, Utah
- Open to traffic
- Built 1965
- Continuous Steel rigid-frame
Length of largest span: 87.9 ft.
Total length: 226.1 ft.
Deck width: 27.9 ft.
Eligible for the National Register of Historic Places
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +37.82000, -110.35139 (decimal degrees)
37°49'12" N, 110°21'05" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 12/557085/4186042 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Copper Point
- Average daily traffic (as of 2014)
- Inventory number
- BH 49461 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection report (as of October 2018)
- Overall condition: Good
Superstructure condition rating: Good (7 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Good (7 out of 9)
Deck condition rating: Good (7 out of 9)
Sufficiency rating: 73.7 (out of 100)
View more at BridgeReports.com
- July 26, 2020: New photos from Craig Philpott
- March 4, 2012: New Street View added by Craig Philpott
- August 30, 2011: Added by Nathan Holth