TRE - West Fork Trinity River Bridge
From Trinity Trails Park
Photo taken by Nathan Morton in April 2009
BH Photo #139778
This bridge consists of 4 separate design elements; from east to west: a 150 foot steel truss, two deck plate steel girders 100 foot each, a 25 foot steel stringer over a maintenance road, and a 400 foot timber trestle. Originally constructed in 1903 the river channel was modified with levees ca 1915 and improved once again ca 1950 after major floods.
- Railroad bridge over Trinity River in Fort Worth Texas
- Fort Worth, Tarrant County, Texas
- Open to traffic
- Future prospects
- Expansion of commuter rail service in the Dallas - Fort Worth area includes double tracking this section of line which will likely entail replacing part of the extant bridge and building a new bridge alongside.
- Built 1903
- - American Bridge Co. of New York
- Bernhisel Construction Co. of Chicago, Illinois
- - Chicago, Rock Island & Pacific Railroad (CRIP (1866-1920); RI (1920-1975) ROCK (1975-1980))
- Chicago, Rock Island, & Gulf Railway (CRIG)
- Commuter Rail
- Dallas Area Rapid Transit (DART)
- Fort Worth Transportation Authority (FWTA)
- Missouri-Kansas-Texas Railroad (MKT)
- Oklahoma, Kansas & Texas Railroad (OKT)
- Rapid Transit
- St. Louis-San Francisco Railway (SLSF; Frisco)
- Trinity Railway Express (TRE)
- Quandrangular lattice through truss
Length of largest span: 150.0 ft.
Total length: 775.0 ft.
Deck width: 12.0 ft.
Vertical clearance above deck: 18.0 ft.
- Also called
- DART - West Fork Trinity River Bridge
RI - West Fork Trinity River Bridge
CRI&G - West Fork Trinity River Bridge
Frisco - West Fork Trinity River Bridge
Rock Island - Riverside Bridge
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +32.75932, -97.31114 (decimal degrees)
32°45'34" N, 97°18'40" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 14/658202/3625867 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Haltom City
- 540 ft. above sea level
- Inventory number
- BH 42532 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- March 8, 2022: New photos from Bambi Sharkoman
- March 6, 2022: New Street View added by Bambi Sharkoman
- February 15, 2022: New photos from Bambi Sharkoman
- May 8, 2021: New photo from Glenn Celerier
- October 28, 2014: Updated by M C Toyer: added design details, measurements and photos.
- October 22, 2014: Updated by Nathan Holth: Added Construction Date
- October 22, 2014: Updated by M C Toyer: Added category "Chicago Rock Island and Gulf RR (CRI&G)"
- June 27, 2014: Updated by Luke Harden: Added category "Chicago, Rock Island & Pacific Railroad"
- May 7, 2009: Added by Nathan Morton
- Nathan Morton - morton890 [at] yahoo [dot] com
- Nathan Holth
- M C Toyer - mctoyer [at] hotmail [dot] com
- Glenn Celerier - celerier [dot] bridgehunter [at] gmail [dot] com
- Jesse Sharkoman Berube - jesseberube5 [at] gmail [dot] com