TRE - West Fork Trinity River Bridge
From Trinity Trails Park
Photo taken by Nathan Morton in April 2009
BH Photo #139778
This bridge consists of 4 separate design elements; from east to west: a 150 foot steel truss, two deck plate steel girders 100 foot each, a 25 foot steel stringer over a maintenance road, and a 400 foot timber trestle. Originally constructed in 1903 the river channel was modified with levees ca 1915 and improved once again ca 1950 after major floods.
- May 8, 2021: New photo from Glenn Celerier
- October 28, 2014: Updated by M C Toyer: added design details, measurements and photos.
- October 22, 2014: Updated by Nathan Holth: Added Construction Date
- October 22, 2014: Updated by M C Toyer: Added category "Chicago Rock Island and Gulf RR (CRI&G)"
- June 27, 2014: Updated by Luke Harden: Added category "Chicago, Rock Island & Pacific Railroad"
- May 7, 2009: Added by Nathan Morton
- Nathan Morton - morton890 [at] yahoo [dot] com
- Nathan Holth
- M C Toyer - mctoyer [at] hotmail [dot] com
- Glenn Celerier - celerier [dot] bridgehunter [at] gmail [dot] com