Euless School Bridge
Photo taken by just james
BH Photo #211686
The Euless iron bridge was built in 1889 and first spanned the Trinity River in Arlington. It was moved to Euless' Grapevine Highway (North Main Street) in the early 1930's to cross Little Bear Creek.
When it was to be replaced on Main Street in 1975 some residents suggested that it be moved somewhere in Euless. Warren Fuller obtained an estimate as to the cost to move the bridge but the estimate was much more than could be raised by the local people. However, it was election year for the county commissioner, so Mr. Fuller approached the then county commissioner who wanted to get the attention of the Euless residents to help insure his reelection.
The next step was to get permission from the school district and the property owner on the east side of the creek to move the bridge to its current location near South Euless Elementary School. When this was obtained, the county (thanks to the incumbent commissioner) used their personnel and equipment to move the bridge at county expense.
- Pratt through truss bridge
- Euless, Tarrant County, Texas
- Open to pedestrians
- Future prospects
- Wonderfully preserved and on display on school grounds
- Built 1889, moved 1930, retired to display at School 1975
- - King Iron Bridge Co. of Cleveland, Ohio [also known as King Bridge Co.]
- Pinned Pratt through truss
Span length: 90.0 ft.
Total length: 90.0 ft.
- Also called
- Arlington Trinity River Bridge 1889. Grapevine Highway Bridge, Little Bear Creek Bridge 1930.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +32.82956, -97.07994 (decimal degrees)
32°49'46" N, 97°04'48" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 14/679721/3634025 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Inventory number
- BH 49476 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- May 12, 2020: New photo from Melissa Brand-Welch
- October 10, 2016: Updated by Christopher Finigan: Added category "Pin-connected"
- July 24, 2014: New Street View added by Ralph Demars
- January 29, 2013: Updated by Tony Dillon: Fixed original build date to 1889
- September 1, 2011: Added by aaron leibold
- aaron leibold - aaron [dot] mightypenguin [at] gmail [dot] com
- Tony Dillon - spansaver [at] hotmail [dot] com
- Melissa Brand-Welch - melissabrandwelch [at] msn [dot] com