Postcard view facing east
M C Toyer
BH Photo #306637
Bridge was commissioned by Tarrant County Commissioners about 1890. It spanned the West Fork of the Trinity River on a cardinal county road connecting the City of Fort Worth to Randol Mill which was located in what is now the City of Arlington. The road was later designated East 1st Street and the bridge site annexed by the City of Fort Worth.
In 1933 three bodies were dumped from the bridge in a gangland murder.
The 1890 bridge was replaced in 1936 with a new bridge approximately 100 meters south. The disposition of the 1890 truss is not know but piling remnants are still visible in the river channel and banks.
- Lost Pratt through truss bridge over West Fork Trinity River on County Road
- Fort Worth, Tarrant County, Texas
- Replaced by a new bridge
- Built ca 1890, replaced by new bridge 100 meters south in 1936
- - King Bridge Co. of Cleveland, Ohio (Likely Fabricator)
- 6-panel, pinned Pratt through truss
Length of largest span: 90.0 ft.
Total length: 180.0 ft.
Deck width: 16.0 ft.
Vertical clearance above deck: 14.0 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +32.76646, -97.27066 (decimal degrees)
32°45'59" N, 97°16'14" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 14/661982/3626720 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Haltom City
- 610 ft. above sea level
- Inventory number
- BH 63886 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- October 29, 2014: Added by M C Toyer
- M C Toyer - mctoyer [at] hotmail [dot] com