Sabine Memorial Bridge
Sabine memorial bridge
Photo taken by Douglas Butler in April 2013
BH Photo #288780
The Sabine Memorial Bridge was opened to traffic on Armistice Day, November 11, 1927 following a joint dedication by Texas governor Dan Moody and former Louisiana governor R. G. Pleasant (representing current governor Oramel H. Simpson). It had been under construction since the spring of 1926 by Brown-Abbott Co. of Dallas, TX and Womack Construction Co. of Sherman, TX.
Following completion of the relocated US 90 to the north (now also I-10), the bridge was closed by the Texas Highway Commission on May 11, 1954 and removed by the Cuyahoga Wrecking Co. of Cleveland, OH.
- Lost swing truss bridge over Sabine River on US 90
- Orange, Orange County, Texas, and Calcasieu Parish, Louisiana
- Built 1927; removed 1954
- - Brown-Abbott Co. of Dallas, TX (Dallas, TX)
- Womack Construction Co. of Sherman, TX (Sherman, TX)
- Warren through truss
- Also called
- Sabine River Bridge
Green Avenue Bridge
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +30.09307, -93.72405 (decimal degrees)
30°05'35" N, 93°43'27" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 15/430231/3329319 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Inventory number
- BH 47571 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- April 19, 2021: New photo from Geoff Hubbs
- April 23, 2020: New photo from Geoff Hubbs
- February 16, 2020: Updated by Roger Collins: Added dates and builder.
- April 27, 2017: Updated by Roger Collins: Added opening date.
- September 26, 2015: Updated by Luke: Added imagery from the TXDOT Archives
- July 21, 2014: New photo from Douglas Butler
- January 8, 2011: Added by Jared Rainer
- Jared Rainer - chumrain [at] bayspringstel [dot] net
- Douglas Butler
- Geoff Hubbs