HB&T - Buffalo Bayou Bascule Bridge
The counterweight was removed and placed nearby prior to contruction of the overpasses. The bridge itself will be part of the hike and bike trail system.
- Abandoned bascule pony truss bridge over Buffalo Bayou on Railroad
- Houston, Harris County, Texas
- Open to pedestrians only
- Built 1912
- - A.F. Robinson of Chicago, Illinois (Consulting Engineer)
- American Construction Co. of Chicago, Illinois/Dallas, Texas/Houston, Texas (Erection)
- Strauss Bascule Bridge Co. of Chicago, Illinois (Design)
- Wisconsin Bridge & Iron Co. of Milwaukee, Wisconsin (Fabrication)
- - Houston Belt & Terminal Railway (HBT)
- Bascule Warren pony truss with all verticals
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +29.76653, -95.34687 (decimal degrees)
29°45'59" N, 95°20'49" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 15/273089/3295223 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Inventory number
- BH 52634 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- November 21, 2019: Updated by Tony Dillon: Changed from a through to a pony truss.
- November 20, 2019: Updated by Luke: Noted convsersion to pedestrian use + added picture from Patrick Feller.
- October 26, 2018: New photo from Douglas Butler
- July 4, 2014: New Street View added by Ralph Demars
- April 17, 2014: Photo imported by Patrick Feller
- March 27, 2014: New photo from Douglas Butler
- August 9, 2012: Updated by Daniel Hopkins: Added category "Railroad"
- July 14, 2012: Photo imported by Luke Harden
- July 13, 2012: Photo imported by Luke Harden
- June 8, 2012: Added by Luke Harden