San Luis Pass Toll Bridge
Two lane toll bridge from the less trafficked West end of Galveston Island to San Luis Island in Matagorda County. The bridge is owned by Galveston County and is operated and maintained by (road) Precinct 1. The tolls are all cash. $2.00. It is collected on the Galveston side in both directions.
- Concrete stringer bridge over San Luis Pass on Galveston County RD 257
- Galveston County, Texas, and Brazoria County, Texas
- Open to traffic
- Built 1966
- Concrete stringer
Length of largest span: 60.0 ft.
Total length: 7,016.4 ft. (1.3 mi.)
Deck width: 27.9 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +29.08194, -95.12228 (decimal degrees)
29°04'55" N, 95°07'20" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 15/293428/3218924 (zone/easting/northing)
- Average daily traffic (as of 2011)
- Inventory numbers
- TXNBI 120850AA0709001 (Texas bridge number on the National Bridge Inventory)
BH 86512 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection report (as of December 2017)
- Overall condition: Fair
Superstructure condition rating: Fair (5 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Fair (5 out of 9)
Deck condition rating: Satisfactory (6 out of 9)
Sufficiency rating: 60.9 (out of 100)
View more at BridgeReports.com
- November 20, 2020: Updated by Brad Smith: The bridge is NOT private. It is owned by Galveston County.
- May 13, 2020: New photos from Nick Boppel
- August 25, 2019: Added by Brad Smith
- Brad Smith - gaberdine [at] hotmail [dot] com
- Nick Boppel - nickboppel01 [at] gmail [dot] com