Eagle Ford Bridge #3
Photo taken by Jesse Sharkoman in August 2019
BH Photo #520123
One in a series of bridges that ran from Shady Grove Road down to Singleton Blvd (Eagle Ford Road) before Loop 12 was built. This was the main north/south route out of West Dallas and Eagle Ford and into what was then desolate countryside. Bonnie and Clyde would have used this road to get out of West Dallas frequently.
Early type of rebar invented by Ernest L. Ransome, an early proponent of reinforced concrete structures. This bar is usually indicative of a concrete structure being built prior to 1920. This was the first design for rebar. The twist provided grip so that the bar stayed bonded to the concrete under tension. Other companies developed methods to roll a pattern into the bar which proved easier than adding the twist.
- Bridge over West Fork Trinity River Relief (Old Channel) on Singleton Blvd
- Irving, Dallas County, Texas
- Open to pedestrians only
- The construction of the low concrete bridges on old Singleton Blvd on both sides of the West Fork is fairly typical of ca 1910-40 style that is attractive and functional.
- - Ernest L. Ransome of England
- Also called
- Dallas - Irving Road
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +32.78690, -96.91543 (decimal degrees)
32°47'13" N, 96°54'56" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 14/695216/3629587 (zone/easting/northing)
- Inventory number
- BH 96745 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- February 17, 2022: New photos from Bambi Sharkoman
- February 16, 2022: New photo from Bambi Sharkoman