Eagle Ford Bridge #2
Photo taken by jesse berube
BH Photo #452229
One in a series of bridges that ran from Shady Grove Road down to Singleton Blvd (Eagle Ford Road) before Loop 12 was built. This was the main north/south route out of West Dallas and Eagle Ford and into what was then desolate countryside. Bonnie and Clyde would have used this road to get out of West Dallas frequently.
- Abandoned slab bridge over Drainage Ditch on Coppell Road/Singleton Blvd
- Oak Cliff, Dallas County, Texas
- The construction of the low concrete bridges on old Singleton Blvd on both sides of the West Fork is fairly typical of ca 1910-40 style that is attractive and functional.
Total length: 250.0 ft.
- Also called
- Coppell Road
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +32.77939, -96.91048 (decimal degrees)
32°46'46" N, 96°54'38" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 14/695696/3628762 (zone/easting/northing)
- Inventory number
- BH 85918 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- July 15, 2019: Updated by Clark Vance: Added category "Ransome rebar"
- July 15, 2019: New photos from jesse berube