UP - Comal River Bridge
Photo taken by Royce and Bobette Haley in May 2018
BH Photo #427573
Built in 1901 this bridge and leg of the old MKT (Katy) railroad was abandoned in 1989 and was restored to service in 1998 as per the sign on site for the Union Pacific Railroad.
- Pratt through truss bridge over Comal River on Union Pacific Railroad
- New Braunfels, Comal County, Texas
- Open to traffic
- Built 1901 by Phoenix Bridge Co. Abandoned 1989-restored to service Oct. 1998
- - Phoenix Bridge Co. of Phoenixville, Pennsylvania
- - Missouri-Kansas-Texas Railroad (MKT; Katy)
- Union Pacific Railroad (UP)
- Pratt through truss
Length of largest span: 129.0 ft.
Total length: 211.0 ft.
Deck width: 25.0 ft.
- Also called
- MKT - Comal River Bridge (New Braunfels)
Katy-Comal River Bridge
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +29.70817, -98.12908 (decimal degrees)
29°42'29" N, 98°07'45" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 14/584244/3286766 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- New Braunfels West
- 613 ft. above sea level
- Inventory number
- BH 61160 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- May 9, 2018: New photos from Royce and Bobette Haley
- October 4, 2014: Updated by Royce and Bobette Haley: Added categories "Wooden deck", "Riveted"
- June 22, 2014: Updated by royce haley: Name change
- June 1, 2014: Added by royce haley
- Royce and Bobette Haley - roycehaley111 [at] yahoo [dot] com