Elm Creek Road Bridge
The bridge was one of a series of small stone and concrete bridges constructed as WPA projects along a road across the Red Wire Pasture on the Day-Miller Ranch. This ranch road was improved to accommodate vehicular traffic, namely school buses, at a time when the numerous schools on the adjoining ranches were being consolidated.
-- Historic American Engineering Record
- Slab bridge on Leaday-Hill Road (Elm Creek Road)
- Coleman County, Texas
- Intact but closed to traffic
- Built 1941
- - Works Progress Administration
Total length: 25.0 ft.
Deck width: 30.0 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +31.55215, -99.66892 (decimal degrees)
31°33'08" N, 99°40'08" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 14/436511/3490991 (zone/easting/northing)
- Inventory number
- BH 65575 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- January 18, 2015: Added by Dave King
- Dave King - DKinghawkfan [at] hotmail [dot] com
- HAER TX-16 - Works Progress Administration Bridge No. 232, Elm Creek Road (Leaday-Hill Road), Voss, Coleman County, TX