CSX - Ridgetop Tunnel
Tunnel is at the top of the Nashville Basin, a natural depression phenomenon in Middle Tennessee. South portal is 779 feet above sea level, north portal is 784 feet above sea level
- Tunnel under town of Ridgetop, Tennessee on CSX Railroad
- Ridgetop, Robertson County, Tennessee, and Davidson County, Tennessee
- Open to traffic
- Built 1905 by the Louisville & Nashville RR, later CSX.. was longest free standing tunnel in the world when completed.
- - CSX Railroad (CSX)
- Louisville & Nashville Railroad (LN)
Total length: 4,621.0 ft. (0.9 mi.)
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +36.40346, -86.77875 (decimal degrees)
36°24'12" N, 86°46'44" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 16/519838/4028722 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- 784 ft. above sea level
- Inventory number
- BH 48216 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- August 25, 2012: Updated by Luke Harden: Removed category "L&N Railroad" Added categories "Louisville and Nashville Railroad", "Railroad"
- February 22, 2011: Added by J.P.
- J.P. - wildcatjon2000 [at] gmail [dot] com
- Calvin Sneed - us43137415 [at] yahoo [dot] com