Photo taken by Shane Passmore in November 2013
BH Photo #270406
As the plaque shows the current spans were installed in 2004. The original viaduct over the East Tennessee, Virginia and Georgia Railroad was built in 1876 just north of the terminal in use at that time. It was either replaced some time later or enlarged for more pedestrian traffic.
The original bridge was demolished and the current bridge was built in 2006.