Hatchie River TN 76 Bridge
Photo taken by Channin Rosenthal in May 2009
BH Photo #139731
This bridge has been replaced with a pre-stressed concrete stringer/multi-beam or girder bridge
- Former Pratt through truss bridge over Hatchie River on TN 76
- Haywood County, Tennessee
- This bridge is gone. It has been replaced with a prestressed concrete stringer/multi-beam or girder bridge
- Built 1949 by the Virginia Bridge Co.
- - Virginia Bridge Co. of Roanoke, Virginia
- Riveted, 5-panel Pratt through truss
Length of largest span: 101.0 ft.
Total length: 415.9 ft.
Deck width: 23.9 ft.
Vertical clearance above deck: 16.0 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +35.52222, -89.25361 (decimal degrees)
35°31'20" N, 89°15'13" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 16/295652/3933293 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Average daily traffic (as of 2017)
- Inventory numbers
- TN 38SR0760027 (Tennessee bridge number)
BH 32565 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection report (as of August 2018)
- Overall condition: Good
Superstructure condition rating: Very Good (8 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Very Good (8 out of 9)
Deck condition rating: Very Good (8 out of 9)
Sufficiency rating: 85.8 (out of 100)
View more at BridgeReports.com
- January 19, 2020: Updated by Calvin Sneed: I personally visited this bridge to photograph the steel truss on January16, 2020 and found it gone. Its replacement is a "prestressed concrete stringer" (i.e. boring) bridge. RIP, my friend.
- March 15, 2013: New photos from Martha Carver
- January 31, 2012: Updated by C Hanchey: Added bridge builder
- January 2, 2011: New Street View added by Cliff Darby
- May 4, 2009: New photos from Channin Rosenthal
- Channin Rosenthal
- Cliff Darby - cliffsta1987 [at] gmail [dot] com
- C Hanchey - cmh2315fl [at] yahoo [dot] com
- Martha Carver - martha_carver [at] bellsouth [dot] net
- Calvin Sneed - us43137415 [at] yahoo [dot] com