Scenic Highway Bridge
Photo taken by Calvin Sneed in July 2010
BH Photo #169511
The renovated bridge won Best Owner-Designed Bridge in the PCI Bridge Design competition in 2006.
- A renovated version of the 3-span arch bridge that built here in 1928, rehabilitated in 1976 and replaced in 2004
- Lookout Mountain, Hamilton County, Tennessee
- Open to traffic
- Built 1928; rehabilitated 1976, rebuilt 2004
- Steel continous Stringer, 36 in. (900 mm) square precast/prestressed concrete spread-box girders with a composite concrete deck.
Length of largest span: 95.1 ft.
Total length: 285.0 ft.
Deck width: 23.9 ft.
- Also called
- Highway 148 Bridge
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +34.99432, -85.35061 (decimal degrees)
34°59'40" N, 85°21'02" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 16/650527/3873655 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Fort Oglethorpe
- Average daily traffic (as of 2017)
- Inventory numbers
- TN 33SR1480001 (Tennessee bridge number)
BH 32543 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection report (as of November 2018)
- Overall condition: Good
Superstructure condition rating: Very Good (8 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Very Good (8 out of 9)
Deck condition rating: Good (7 out of 9)
Sufficiency rating: 88.4 (out of 100)
View more at BridgeReports.com
- Calvin Sneed - us43137415 [at] yahoo [dot] com