DAIR - Big Sioux River Bridge
DAIR Big Sioux River Bridge (Elk Point)
Photo taken by John Marvig in May 2017
BH Photo #391323
Originally located at Cedar Rapids, Iowa Bridge #Z-814 over Cedar River. Information found by the Milwaukee Road Archives at the Milwaukee Central Library.
- Pratt through truss bridge over Big Sioux River on Dakota & Iowa Railroad
- Union County, South Dakota, and Plymouth County, Iowa
- Open to traffic
- Built 1900, Moved Here 1907
- - Chicago, Milwaukee, St. Paul & Pacific Railroad (MILW; CMStP&P; CMStP)
- Dakota & Iowa Railroad (DAIR; D&I)
- Pratt through truss
Length of largest span: 152.0 ft.
Total length: 394.0 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +42.71606, -96.62507 (decimal degrees)
42°42'58" N, 96°37'30" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 14/694470/4732019 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Elk Point
- Inventory number
- BH 58004 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- May 20, 2017: New photos from John Marvig
- October 1, 2016: Updated by John Marvig: Added information from contractor
- September 14, 2013: Updated by Luke Harden: Added category "Dakota & Iowa Railroad" "deleted" the other one
- September 14, 2013: Updated by J.P.: Added categories "Pin-connected", "Railroad", "Dakota and Iowa Railroad"
- J.P. - wildcatjon2000 [at] gmail [dot] com
- John Marvig - marvigj27 [at] gmail [dot] com