DAIR - Fairview Bridge
Photo taken 1998 by Jason Smith
BH Photo #108782
Girders originally built Ca. 1900 at Bridge #B-28 (now filled in) near Wauwautosa, Wisconsin and moved here 1911. Girders reconfigured in structure upon addition of pony truss span in 1931. Information comes from CMStP&P records at the South Dakota Historical Society.
- Pony truss bridge over Big Sioux River on the Dakota & Iowa Railroad
- Fairview, Lincoln County, South Dakota, and Sioux County, Iowa
- Open to railroad traffic
- Built Ca. 1900; girders moved here 1911; Truss added 1932
- - Lakeside Bridge & Steel Co. of North Milwaukee, Wisconsin (Truss)
- - Chicago, Milwaukee, St. Paul & Pacific Railroad (MILW)
- Dakota & Iowa Railroad (DAIR; D&I)
- Warren pony truss
Length of largest span: 136.0 ft.
Total length: 570.0 ft.
- Also called
- MILW Bridge #T-618
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +43.22382, -96.48821 (decimal degrees)
43°13'26" N, 96°29'18" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 14/703991/4788732 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Inventory number
- BH 32251 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- April 24, 2022: Updated by John Marvig: added information
- October 16, 2021: New Street View added by Jeff Wieland
- October 16, 2021: Updated by John Marvig: added information from SDSHS files
- February 25, 2015: Updated by John Marvig: Added build dates
- January 2, 2015: Updated by John Marvig: Added information
- October 26, 2012: Updated by Jason Smith: Added categories "Big Sioux River", "Riveted"
- January 30, 2006: Posted photo from Jason Smith