RCPE - Bad River Bridge #3
RCP&E Bad River Bridge #3
Photo taken by John Marvig in July 2017
BH Photo #398338
Possibly relocated from Cedar River Bridge in Linn county, Iowa.
- Quadrangular lattice through truss bridge over Bad River on Rapid City, Pierre & Eastern Railroad
- Haakon County, South Dakota
- Open to traffic
- Built Ca. 1885 At an unknown location, Relocated here Ca. 1928
- - Lassig Bridge & Iron Works of Chicago, Illinois
- - Canadian Pacific Railway (CP)
- Chicago & North Western Railway (CNW)
- Dakota, Minnesota, & Eastern Railroad (DME)
- Rapid City, Pierre & Eastern Railroad (RCP&E)
- Quadrangular lattice through truss
Length of largest span: 159.0 ft.
Total length: 945.0 ft.
- Also called
- CNW - Bridge #1659
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +44.05308, -101.32656 (decimal degrees)
44°03'11" N, 101°19'36" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 14/313634/4880400 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Inventory number
- BH 58053 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- July 27, 2017: New photos from John Marvig
- September 17, 2013: Updated by J.P.: Added categories "Canadian Pacific Railway", "Railroad"
- J.P. - wildcatjon2000 [at] gmail [dot] com
- John Marvig - marvigj27 [at] gmail [dot] com