Bismarck Branch Road Bridge
This bridge was relocated 30 miles to be reused as an attraction at the Full Throttle Saloon in Sturgis.
Apparently the Pennsylvania Truss is referred to as Bridge #1 and the Pratt as #2.
- Through truss bridge over Belle Fourche River on Bismarck Branch Road, 8.6 mi. east and 6.2 mi. south of Newell
- Butte County, South Dakota
- Moved to Sturgis, SD for use as an attraction at the Full Throttle Saloon
- Built 1912 by the Canton Bridge Company
- - Canton Bridge Co. of Canton, Ohio
- Main span consists of a pinned Pennsylvania through truss with a 5-panel pinned Pratt through truss approach.
Both are products of the Canton bridge Company
Length of largest span: 200.1 ft.
Total length: 274.0 ft.
Deck width: 15.4 ft.
Vertical clearance above deck: 11.7 ft.
Posted to the National Register of Historic Places
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +44.62721, -103.25666 (decimal degrees)
44°37'38" N, 103°15'24" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 13/638290/4943017 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Vale NE
- Average daily traffic (as of 2016)
- Inventory numbers
- SD 10-395-403 (South Dakota structure number)
BH 32164 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection report (as of July 2018)
- Overall condition: Good
Superstructure condition rating: Good (7 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Good (7 out of 9)
Deck condition rating: Good (7 out of 9)
Sufficiency rating: 94.5 (out of 100)
View more at BridgeReports.com
- June 19, 2011: Updated by Tony Dillon: Updated status of this span.
- October 13, 2010: Updated by Craig Philpott: Bridge is visible on sattelite view