NS - Gervais Street Overpass
Built by Southern Railway, now Norfolk Southern. It appears the road was purposefully built not to cross the railroad at grade.
- Steel stringer bridge over Gervais Street on Railroad
- Columbia, Richland County, South Carolina
- Open to traffic
- Built 1956
- - Norfolk Southern Railway (NS)
- Southern Railway (SOU)
- Steel stringer
Length of largest span: 88.9 ft.
Total length: 147.0 ft.
- Also called
- SOU - Gervais Street Overpass
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +34.00528, -81.02056 (decimal degrees)
34°00'19" N, 81°01'14" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 17/498101/3762741 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Columbia North
- Inventory numbers
- SC 4020000100190 (South Carolina bridge number)
BH 54667 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- December 30, 2019: New photo from Geoff Hubbs
- November 29, 2012: Updated by Luke Harden: Added categories "Railroad", "Southern Railway", "Norfolk Southern Railway"
- November 29, 2012: Added by Joseph Hinson