Rawson Road Bridge
Rawson Road Bridge
Bridge as it appears of 2010. Note that it is much wider than a Pony Truss of that size would mormally be. Outside of that, he bridge looks real.
Photo taken by Gary H Phillips in February 2010
BH Photo #155813
There is another bridge which is in addition to the one over Abbott Run. It is to cross the mill stream from Abbott Run. This too was preserved and upgraded in 2008. This was and still is a rather cute little structure.
- Pony truss bridge over Abbott Run on Rawson Road in Cumberland
- Cumberland, Providence County, Rhode Island
- Open to traffic
- Future prospects
- Bridge has been upgraded in circa 2008. Original Pony Trusses have been preserved. Bridge deck was widened. Structure is now closely spaced "I" Beams with 12" x 12" timbers laid across.
- Built 1886; rehabilitated 1950, rehabilitated/upgraded in 2008
- - Aetna Bridge (reconstruction)
- Boston Bridge Works of Boston, Massachusetts (original construction)
- Riveted, 5-panel Pratt pony truss
Length of largest span: 58.1 ft.
Total length: 60.0 ft.
Deck width: 18.7 ft.
Posted to the National Register of Historic Places
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +41.96253, -71.38772 (decimal degrees)
41°57'45" N, 71°23'16" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 19/302132/4648373 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Average daily traffic (as of 2008)
- Inventory numbers
- RI 4600 (Rhode Island bridge number)
BH 31951 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection report (as of December 2018)
- Overall condition: Good
Superstructure condition rating: Good (7 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Good (7 out of 9)
Deck condition rating: Good (7 out of 9)
Sufficiency rating: 79.4 (out of 100)
View more at BridgeReports.com
- August 22, 2014: New Street View added by Chester Gehman
- February 21, 2010: Updated by Gary H Phillips: Bridge preserved, upgraded in circa 2008
- Gary H Phillips - gary [at] ghpassociates [dot] com
- Chester Gehman - gehmanc2000 [at] yahoo [dot] com