No votes cast

Kennedy Road Bridge


FROM THE 1996-2001 PENNSYLVANIA HISTORIC BRIDGE SURVEY: The skewed, single span, 36'-long stone arch bridge built in 1920 has voussoirs and fieldstone spandrel walls and parapets with end posts and concrete coping. The intrados has been coated in gunite (ca. 1980). The bridge is a short and late altered example of the traditional stone arch bridge technology that has been in use in the state since the colonial period. Over 350 examples have been identified statewide with approximately two-thirds dating to before 1900. More complete and distinguished examples in the county are BMS Nos. 66 7220 0974 3202 & 66 4016 0020 2668. The bridge is not historically or technologically significant for its setting or context.


Stone arch bridge over Tom's Run on Kennedy Road
Muddy Creek Forks, York County, Pennsylvania
Open to traffic
Built 1920; rehabilitated ca. 1980
- A.P. Dise
- William Wagman & Brothers of Dallastown, Pennsylvania
Stone arch
Length of largest span: 29.9 ft.
Total length: 36.1 ft.
Deck width: 14.4 ft.
Approximate latitude, longitude
+39.80754, -76.44754   (decimal degrees)
39°48'27" N, 76°26'51" W   (degrees°minutes'seconds")
Approximate UTM coordinates
18/376089/4407398 (zone/easting/northing)
Quadrangle map:
Average daily traffic (as of 2011)
Inventory numbers
PA 66 7215 0626 3028 (Pennsylvania Bridge Management System number)
PANBI 38151 (Pennsylvania BRKEY bridge number on the 2011 NBI)
BH 31872 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
Inspection report (as of April 2017)
Overall condition: Fair
Superstructure condition rating: Fair (5 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Fair (5 out of 9)
Sufficiency rating: 72.2 (out of 100)
View more at BridgeReports.com

Update Log 

  • January 20, 2022: Updated by Nathan Holth: Changed builder from William Wagner & Bros to William Wagman & Brothers (assuming this was typo)
  • October 21, 2013: Updated by Jodi Christman: Corrected GPS
  • December 26, 2011: Updated by Jodi Christman: Added builder and description
  • February 21, 2011: Updated by Daniel Hopkins: Corrected GPS, updated town name