Bowmans Creek Eatonville PA
STAFF PHOTO/JOSH SIEGEL The bridge across Bowman Creek in Eatonville was released from its earthbound service on Wednesday, April 29
Photo taken by STAFF PHOTO/JOSH SIEGEL wcexaminer.com
View this photo at wcexaminer.com
BH Photo #324162
This historic bridge lost it's battle to uneducated locals along with help from PennDOT.
- Lost Pratt through truss bridge over Bowmans Creek on TR 413
- Wyoming County, Pennsylvania
- Replaced by an ugly "MOB" pedestrian bridge.
- Future prospects
- Scheduled for replacement Summer 2015.
- Built 1897; Needlessly scrapped 2015
- 7-panel, pinned Pratt through truss
Length of largest span: 107.0 ft.
Total length: 109.9 ft.
Deck width: 15.1 ft.
Vertical clearance above deck: 8.5 ft.
- Also called
- Bowmans Creek Bridge
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +41.51466, -75.96138 (decimal degrees)
41°30'53" N, 75°57'41" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 18/419778/4596338 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Inventory numbers
- PA 65 7207 0413 0114 (Pennsylvania Bridge Management System number)
PANBI 37324 (Pennsylvania BRKEY bridge number on the 2011 NBI)
BH 31840 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection report (as of May 2014)
- Overall condition: Poor
Substructure condition rating: Poor (4 out of 9)
Deck condition rating: Critical (2 out of 9)
Sufficiency rating: 18.8 (out of 100)
View more at BridgeReports.com
- March 31, 2020: New photo from Art Suckewer
- April 3, 2018: New photo from Dana and Kay Klein
- May 7, 2015: New photo from Art Suckewer
- May 7, 2015: Updated by Luke: GPS fix